Where are you located?
We are located in the municipality of Wyndham. Our principal locations are Point Cook and Wyndham Vale however with our mobile service it means we can service and are accessible to all the surrounding suburbs.
What services do you offer?
See our practice areas page
How long have you been operating?
Hegedich & De Crescenzo Lawyers was established in 2011, making us one of the oldest firms in Point Cook.
What are your costs?
Your initial 30 minute appointment with Hegedich & De Crescenzo Lawyers is free. Time beyond the first 30 minutes may be charged. During this initial appointment we will discuss future costs with you. Our costs vary depending upon your legal matter and may be fixed or variable depending upon the legal matter you have.
What will I be charged for?
- After your initial 30 minute appointment we may charge you fees and disbursements.
- We charge fees for the time we spend working for you. Such work may include meetings/appointments, communication with you and others (by telephone, letter, email, sms etc), undertaking research, writing letters, reading documents, lodging documents and representing you in court.
- We also charge disbursements for things such as printing and photocopying, barrister fees, title search or court application fees.
How will my fees be calculated?
- We will discuss this with you at your first appointment, as each case is different we cannot give you our exact method of calculating your costs until we understand your matter in more detail.
- Where your legal fees are expected to cost more than $750 (+GST), we are obligated to provide you a formal document called a cost disclosure statement. This document explains the type of work to be carried out, provides an estimate of the total legal costs and explains the basis on which the costs will be calculated.
- In most cases we will not commence legal work for your until we receive a monetary retainer from you, which will be discussed with you at your initial appointment.
YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT
How can I prepare for my first appointment?
There are several things you can do to prepare for your first appointment:
- Gather together all relevant documents and put them in order;
- Prepare a brief timeline of events;
- Make a list of the issues you are concerned about;
- Think about what you want the result/outcome to be so that we are able to know if your expectations are achievable.
What can I expect from my first appointment?
- Your first appointment allows us to meet one another and gather details of your legal matter. We suggest you bring with you all paperwork that might be relevant to your case.
- We will then explain to you the amount and type of work that is likely to be involved in your legal matter. We may even provide some helpful and practical advice about resolving your matter without incurring additional legal costs.
- Depending on the complexities of your matter, further appointments may be required.
Can I make an appointment online?
Yes. Click here to make an appointment now.
What services do you not offer?
We do not assist in any of the following matters:
- family law matter, this includes binding financial agreements (pre-nup agreement), divorce/separation, children matters
- criminal matter which means anything that involves the police (fines, etc)
- motor vehicle accidents
- neighbourhood disputes
Can you come to me, at my house or somewhere else?
- Yes! We may be able to travel to a location, at a time and place that suits you.
- This is a great option for people who cannot leave their homes for whatever reason (disability, elderly, young family members etc)
I have children, can they come to the appointment with me?
Of course. We understand that parents are often stuck finding someone to look after young children and therefore we don’t mind if you bring them along with you.
I work during the day, do you offer after hours appointments?
We understand that the conventional appointment times are not convenient for all people, so we offer after hours and even weekend appointments. To discuss your needs, please contact us.